Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements
Berkeley Lawyer Experienced in Writing Effective Prenuptials
Over 30 Years of Experience Handling Family Law Matters
With one-third of all first marriages and one-half of second or third marriages ending in divorce, many people consider drafting a prenuptial agreement or postmarital agreement a vital part of the marriage process. It makes sense to be proactive for your own financial well-being. An experienced attorney will draft a prenuptial agreement that will help protect you in the event of future litigation.
Please call me for a free consultation to help you determine whether a prenuptial agreement or a postnuptial agreement makes sense for you.
Berkeley lawyer Martin "Jamie" Elmer, Esq., excels at crafting prenuptial agreements and postnuptial agreements. He has an in-depth understanding based on over 30 years of litigating family law property issues. His considerable knowledge and experience help him be proactive in drafting prenuptial agreements that will work for your best interests.
I have written hundreds of successful prenuptials that:
- Clarify the community property and keep the rest separate
- Work in support of an estate plan
- Create ground rules and agreements to help solve potential future problems
- Help minimize conflict and save money if there is a divorce
People using my legal services include:
- Owners of homes, stock, retirement monies
- Business owners or partners
- Future inheritors
- People whose wealthy parents are concerned about marital partner choice
- People who have kids or grandchildren from a prior marriage
- People who will have stepchildren
- People who are much wealthier than the future spouse
- Someone who is putting the other through college
- People with loved ones who need special care, such as disabled children or older parents
- People who are securing licensure for a lucrative field
- People who expect a large financial increase in their business income
Making Expectations Clear in a Reasonable Manner Builds Trust
Your prospective spouse or their family may look upon these agreements negatively. I realize the emotions that can come into play, so I work hard to help diffuse those while at the same time moving forward to come to an agreement. These agreements should be looked upon as proactive plans for financial success in marriage.
Call (510) 644-2411 to reach Jamie Elmer, Esq., for experienced, effective legal solutions you can live with. Contact me online.
Martin "Jamie" Elmer, Esq. is recognized as a Certified Family Law Specialist by California State Bar